21. The manager‟s strange behaviour made the workers smell a rat. This means that the workers became..…
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence
22. My former headmaster has consented to be my referee.
A. promised B. planned C. decided
23. Th e suspect was guilty.
24. When school starts the national flag is hoisted.
A. lowered B. dropped C. saluted D. hung
25. We could see that mother was very proud of her dark complexion.
26. The car needs a hard push in order to start.
A. drag B. tow C. force
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
27. The doctor advised the patient to stay away ……..alcohol.
28. You have not paid your fees, ……..?
A. will you
B. won‟t you C. hadn‟t you D. have you
29. His pair of trousers ……..torn.
A. is B. are C. have D. has
30. I prefer honey ………sugar.
A. to B. are C. from D. for