11. The ………..centre is located on the hill.
A. womens‟ B. woman C. womans‟ D. women‟s
12. One of the cows …………from the herd.
A. has strayed
B. have strayed
C. have been strayed
D. has been strayed
13. At the party, the guests placed an order for a large…………of drinks.
14. The hall was so small that it could …………contain all of us.
B. comfortably C. conveniently D. hardly
15. If I were a manager, I …………satisfy my customers.
A. will B. shall C. would D. must
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
16. Florence performs creditably in all examinations.
17. The choir sang some melodious songs at the function.
18. Jane is always immaculately dressed.
A. modestly B. correctly C. neatly
19. The village was enveloped in a thick fog.
20. The inquisitive stranger asked many questions.
A. curious B. pompous C. intelligent D. cowardly