11. Which of the following statements is not true according to the passage?
A. The Akosombo Dam is the biggest in the world
B. The production of both electricity and aluminium is of great value to Ghana
C. Water from the lake runs fiercely through tunnels
D. The Akosombo dam is valuable to Ghana
E. A great collection of water running through tunnels can produce electricity anywhere in the world.
12. According to the passage which of the following statements is true?
A. In building dams rivers are blocked at their broadcast points
B. Water is used to produce electricity
C. Building the dam and fixing machines to produce electricity cost nothing at all
D. In producing electricity engineers need a lot of petrol to drive the machines
E. Turbines are used in the production of electricity
13. Th e most suitable title for the passage is
A. Akosombo and Bauxite
B. Electricity from water
C. Dams of the world
D. Electricity and power
E. Aluminium from electricity
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
14. Your dress material is inferior to what I bought from the shop. This means that your dress material is ……
A. of poor quality
B. very beautiful
C. brightly coloured
15. The girl is a spendthrift: she used all her pocket money to buy a pair of shoes. This means ………
16. The pupils in the town often help in communal activities. This means that they help in ………
A. all activities
B. interesting activities
C. public activities
D. usual activities
17. The aroma of Kate‟s food made everyone hungry. This means the food …………..
A. smells good
B. is tasty
C. is spicy
D. is valuable
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
18. He wasn‟t at the scene of the accident, ………..?
A. wasn‟t he
B. isn‟t it C. did he D. was he
19. You don‟t speak Chinese, ……….?
A. do you B. can you C. don‟t you
D. won‟t you
20. We worked hard in our final year, ……….?
A. did we
B. isn‟t it
C. aren‟t we
D. didn‟t we