INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLO GY 1
1. The most common means by which data are input into the computer is through the
2. Computer devices such as mouse, trackpad and joystick are referred to as
A. Output devices B. Pointing devices C. Standard devices D. Internal devices
3. The flat panel screen is also known as
A. LCD B. VCD C. CRT D. OCR
4. Which of the following is a storage medium?
D. Flash memory
5. The two components of the personal computer main memory are
A. RAM and CU
B. RAM and ROM C. ROM and CU
D. ALU and CU
6. Which of the following devices has the largest storage capacity?
A. Digital versatile disc
B. Compact disc C. Floppy disk D. Hard disk
7. The process that starts an operating system when a computer system is turned on is referred to as
A. loading B. start up C. booting
D. shut down
8. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Remove all removable storage media or device from the system unit when switching on a computer.
B. Shut down a computer system before removing the electric power supply
C. Random access memory is part of main memory
D. The application software must be loaded before an operating system can be loaded when a computer system is switched on.
9. GUI stands for
A. Grand User Interface B. General User Interface C. Graphic User Interface D. Graphical User Interrupt
10. The software that manages the communication between the hardware and the application software of a computer system is called
A. open office
B. Microsoft office C. operating system D. internet
11. Windows organizes information on computers using a
12. Which of the following are valid folder names
I. Black/Stars II. Black : Stars III. Black_Stars IV. Black Stars
A. I and II only B.
II and III only C. III and IV only D. II and IV only
Use the following information to answer question 13
13. The sequence of the stages in the information processing cycle is
A. I, II and III B. II, III and I C. II, I and III D. III, I and II
14. Which of the following is not a safety measure to consider in the ICT environment?
A. Not overloading a socket
B. Sitting in a correct posture behind the computer
C. Allowing the battery of a laptop to run-down before charging
D. Avoid plugging computers in damaged sockets
15. The legal right to control the production and selling of a book, play, film and software is known as
A. production right
B. copyright C. trade mark D. patent
16. Which of the following can bring enhanced learning experience to the classroom through the use of pictures, videos and sound?
A. Software application B. Multimedia software C. Learning software
D. Teaching and learning software
17. Which of the following is an effect of a loud ringing tone of a mobile phone?
A. Wrist pain B. Neck pain C. Headache
D. Hearing impairment
18. To which of the following activities is ICT useful?
I. Education II. Farming III. Medicine
A. I and II only B. I and III only C. II and III only D. I, II and III
19. Which of the following keys are frequently used in our daily typing work on a computer system?
I. Enter key II.
Space Bar III. Print Screen IV. Delete Key
A. I, II, III and IV
B. I, II and III only C. I, II and IV only D. II, III and IV only
20. During typing lessons, computer users are supposed to use
A. 5 fingers B. 6 fingers C. 8 fingers D. 10 fingers
21. The most appropriate finger required to type the letter F on a standard QWERTY computer keyboard is the
A. left middle finger B. right middle finger C. left index finger
D. right index finger
22. In the absence of a mouse, which of the following devices could be used to perform its functions?
A. Scanner B. Webcam C. Keyboard
23. In typing a class assignment given by a Ghanaian Language teacher using the computer, which of the following application programs will be appropriate to use by the student?
A. Spread sheet program
B. Word processing program
C. Database program
D. Graphical program
24. A key on a keyboard of a computer has two symbols on it, top and down. Which of the following procedures will be appropriate to use to get the top key?
A. Hold down the Shift key and press the identified key B. Hold down the Alt key and press the identified key C. Hold down the Ctrl key and press the identified key D. Hold down the Del key and press the identified key
25. To save a previously saved document under a new name, use the
A. save command
B. rename command C. resave command D. save as command
26. To bold a text in a word processing environment, first select the text, then use the shortcut keys
A. Ctrl + B B. Shift + B C. Alt + B
D. Insert + B
27. The symbols B, I, U are commonly used buttons found on the
A. standard toolbar
B. menu bar
C. formatting toolbar
D. drawing toolbar
28. Which of the following is not a tool on the drawing toolbar?
C. Drop cap
29. Which of the following is not a toolbar?
A. Drawing toolbar
B. Picture toolbar
C. Word Art toolbar
D. Word Wrap toolbar
30. Lines, block arrows and flowcharts are located on the
A. drawing toolbar
B. standard toolbar
C. formatting toolbar
D. menu bar
31. The default orientation for a word processing document is
32. To preview a document before printing is necessary because
A. it displays the name of the document
B. it displays how the document will look like after printing
C. it displays copy and paste of the document
D. it formats the document
33. A computer program that enables users to surf the internet is known as
A. internet surfer
B. internet browser
C. web surfer
D. web navigator
34. A teacher using the internet decided to send an electronic mail to Junior High School Students in
Ghana. Which of the following will the teacher use to accomplish his/her mission? A. Website address
B. Data file address
C. E-mail address
D. Modern address
35. In e-mail context, what does bcc stand for?
A. Blank carbon copy B. Bulk carbon copy C. Blind carbon copy
D. Backup carbon copy
36. The world wide network that makes electronic information available to users is also known as
37. Transferring data from a remote computer to a local computer is referred to as
A. downloading B. downlinking C. uploading
38. A tool for locating information on the internet is the
A. universal engine B. database engine C. search engine
D. deep web
39. A mathematical calculation in a spreadsheet is called
B. formula C. number D. value
40. Which of the following features in a browser enables users to fetch the latest copy of a web page?
A. Refresh B.
Forward C. Backward D. Stop
CLICK TO VIEW ANSWERS TO OBJECTIVES
RAM and ROM
8. D. The application software must be loaded before an operating system can be loaded when a computer system is switched on
9. C. Graphic User Interface
10. C. operating system
11. A. directory
12. C. III and IV only
13. C. II, I and III
14. C. Allowing the battery of a laptop to run-down before charging
15. B. copyright
16. B. Multimedia software
17. D. Hearing impairment
18. D. I, II and III
19. C. I, II and IV only
20. D. 10 fingers
21. C. left index finger
22. C. Keyboard
Word processing program
Hold down the Shift key and press the identified key
save as command
Ctrl + B
Word Wrap toolbar
it displays how the document will look like after printing
Blind carbon copy