1. Thethreestates of matter are A. Water, liquid and gas B. Earth, liquid and gas C. Solid, liquid and air D. Gas, earth and water E. Gas, liquid and solid
2. Soilerosion ….
A. washes awaythe water content ofsoil
B. enables crops to grow better
C. washes awaythe top soil
D. leaves the soilfreeof pests
E. increases the fertilityof soils
3. What is the averagebodytemperatureof ahealthyperson?
A. 25°C B. 36°C C. 37°C D. 38°C E. 39°C
4. Steel is an alloyof
A. Iron and Carbon B. Zincand Copper C. Tin and Copper D. Iron andZinc
E. Carbon andZinc
5. Leguminous crops suchas beans mayoften be cultivated to
A. Add humus to the soil B. Add nitrogen to thesoil C. Add protein to thesoil D. Makethe soil loamy
E. Increase thecalcium content of the soil
6. Which ofthe followingis an excretoryorgan?
A. Anus B. Eye C. Heart D. Skin
7. Which ofthe followingis the function ofthe hairin thenose?It
A. keeps thenosewarm
B. makes breathing easier
C. keeps thenosemoist
D. prevents carbondioxide from enteringthe body
E. filters dustfrom the air breathed in
8. Which ofthe followingis equal to onemetre?
A. 1 cm B. 10 cm C. 100 cm D. 500 cm
E. 1000 cm
9. Which ofthe following statements about feeding relationships isnot true?
A. Energyis transferred from one organismto another
B. A green plant is the basisof anyfood chain C. Bacteriafeed on dead organisms forenergy D. A carnivore feeds ongreen plants for energy E. Omnivores feed on both plants and animals
10. Inasimple machine, theforcethat is applied to enable work to be doneis known as
A. Lever B. Load C. Pivot D. Effort E. Hinge
11. Which ofthe following changes doesnot occurin agirlat theageof puberty?
D. Theteeth becomes whiter
E. Hairgrows in thepubicarea
12. The fixed pointof alever at which turningtakes placeis the
13. Which ofthe following mixtures can beseparated byfiltration?
A. Saltin water
B. Sugar in water C. Sand in water D. Oil in water
E. Omo in water
14. Theskin is madeup of
A. Onelayer B. Twolayers C. Threelayers D. Four layers E. Sixlayers
15. The forcewhichacts between planets and keeps them in theirorbits is called
A. electrical force
B. magnetic force
C. gravitational force
D. frictional force
E. elastic force
16. Which ofthe followingtypes of soil allows the fastest rate ofdrainage?
A. Clayeysoil B. Loamysoil C. Black soil D. Sandysoil E. Humus
17. Which ofthe followingis the percentagecomposition of oxygen in theair?
18. Disposal ofsewageinto a riverwhich supplies water fordomesticuse maylead to an outbreak of
D. river blindness
19. Theprocess bywhich anaphthaleneball(camphor) placed in a boxgets smallerin sizeis termed
C. Evaporation D. Sublimation E. Condensation
20. Which ofthe followingfood substances isnot oxidized duringrespiration?
B. Amino acids
C. Glucose D. Cellulose E. Vitamins
21. Kerosene and petrol are obtained from crudeoilby
22. Which ofthe following encourages the spread ofvenereal diseases?
A. Poor familyplanning
C. Mental illhealth
D. Parental wealth
E. Indiscriminate sexual intercourse
23. A torch light bulb lightsup when connected to adrycell. What typeof energyis obtained from the cell?
A. Chemical energy
B. Light energy
C. Potential energy D. Electrical energy E. Heat energy
24. Which ofthe followingis not asoil nutrient?
A. Hydrogen B. Nitrogen C. Potassium D. Calcium
25. Which ofthe following organisms causes bilharziasis?
A. Tapeworm B. Blood fluke C. Blood worm D. Round worm E. Liver fluke
26. A pieceof stonesinksin waterbecause
A. its densityis thesame asthat ofwater
B. itis able to displaceits own weight of water
C. its densityis less than that of water
D. its densityisgreater thanthat ofwater
E. the watercontains air which allows the stoneto sink
27. Which ofthe followingis characteristic ofreflexaction
A. It happens slowly
B. It happens consciously
C. It takes a longpath D. It involves thinking E. It is automatic
28. All the followingaresenseorgans except the
A. eye B. brain C. ear
29. A mixtureof raw starchand wateris best separated by
B. distillation C. decantation D. winnowing
30. Which ofthe followingis a horizontal underground stem?
B. Onion C. Carrot D. Yam
31. Which ofthe followingis a physical change?
A. Heatingof sugar
B. Heatingof sulphur and iron filing
D. Burningof magnesiumribbon
E. Heatingof potassiumchlorate
32. Inan experiment in which avariegated leaf is used, which of thefollowingis proved to benecessaryfor photosynthesis?
33. Friction is definedas a forcewhich
A. accompanies motion B. acts againstmotion C. causes motion
D. makes motion easy
E. is created bymotion
34. Which ofthe followingisnot a function ofthe lens in the human eye?It
A. allows light rays to pass through it
B. refracts thelight rays passingthrough it
C. helps to focus theimageonto the retina
D. becomes thinner when focusingadistantobject
E. reflects part of thelight raysfallingon it.
35. Which ofthe following practices ina communitywillincreaseits environmental pollution?
A. Buildingof schools with workshops
B. Plantingof trees on largeareas of land
C. Depositingof household rubbish near a sourceofdrinkingwater
D. Removal ofsand and refuse from chokedgutters
E. buildingof an efficient undergroundsewagesystem
36. Smoke is an exampleof amixtureof
B. Liquids in gases C. Solids in liquids D. solids in gases
E. solids in solids
37. Which ofthe followingis the best method of preventingskin disease?
A. Theuse of perfume on theskin
B. Theuse of bleachingcream on theskin
C. Avoidingcontact with diseased person
D. keepingthe skin clean bywashingit regularly
E. Changingofclothes regularly
38. Which ofthe following has a different physical state from the others underordinaryconditions?
A. Zinc B. Lead C. Iron
39. Heat from thesunreaches the earth by
A. conduction B. convection C. radiation
40. During an eclipse of themoon, the
A. Sun and the moon areononeside ofthe earth
B. Earth and the sun areononeside ofthe moon
C. Sun comes betweenearthand moon in astraight line D. Earth comes between sun and moon in astraight line E. Moon comes between sun and earth in astraight line
CLICK TO VIEW ANSWERS TO OBJECTIVES
1. E. Gas, liquid and solid
washes awaythe top soil
Iron and Carbon
Add nitrogen to thesoil
filters dustfrom the air breathed in
A carnivore feeds ongreen plants for energy
Theteeth becomes whiter
Sand in water
20. E. Vitamins
Indiscriminate sexual intercourse
its densityisgreater thanthat ofwater
It is automatic
reflects part of thelight raysfallingon it.
Depositingof household rubbish near a sourceofdrinkingwater
solids in gases
keepingthe skinclean bywashingit regularly
Earth comes between sun and moon in astraight line