1. Which ofthe following substances can existin all thethreestates of matter at 0°C?
2. Pluto is thedarkest planet becauseit
A. is larger than the sun
B. is thelargest planet
C. is beyond thereach of thesun’s rays
D. is smallerthan thesun
E. falls in thepenumbraregion of an eclipse
3. Inreproduction, the embryocan bereferred to as
A. an ovary
B. a fertileegg
C. a fertilized egg
4. Which ofthe following statements about secondclass levers is true?
A. Thepivotis between theeffort and theload B. Theload is between the effort and thepivot C. Thereis no pivot
D. Theload is on thepivot
E. The effort is between thepivotand the load
5. Which ofthe followingisnot a communicable disease?
B. chicken pox
6. When bread is chewed foralongtime, it tastes sweeterbecause it
A. is made from sugarand flour
B. is digested into simplesugar
C. mixes with salivawhich is alkaline
D. is broken into smaller pieces
E. containsyeast which is sweet
7. Which ofthe following gases isnot an air pollutant?
A. cigarettefumes B. carbondioxide C. sulphurdioxide D. exhaust fumes
8. Dissolved mineral salts from the soil enter theplant bythe process of
A. phototropism B. transpiration C. diffusion
9. Which ofthe following organs is the center oftheCentral Nervous System?
B. Liver C. Heart D. Brain E. Lung
10. Soilfertilitycan beconserved byallthefollowingmethodsexcept
B. afforestation C. deforestation D. crop rotation
E. green manuring
11. Which ofthe followinginsects is an agent of pollination?
A. Mosquito B. Housefly C. Bee
12. Duringthedryseason most trees shed their leavesto
A. protect thetree
B. avoid beingpulled down bystrongwinds
C. conservewaterand nutrients
D. discourageanimals fromeatingtheleaves
E. reducethelossof carbondioxide
13. The chemical formula for sodium chloride
A. Na2Cl B. NaCl C. Sn2Cl D. NaCl2
14. Which ofthe followingis the cleanestsourceof drinkingwater?
B. Stagnant water
D. Deep well
15. The ediblepart ofthe mangofruitis called
16. Which ofthe followingisnot a characteristicof alllivingorganisms
B. Reproduction C. Photosynthesis D. Feeding
17. Which ofthe following conditions in asimple machine will makeworkingdifficult? When
A. Theload distanceis equal to the effort distance
B. The effort distanceis twicethe load distance
C. The effort distanceis threetimes the load distance
D. Small effort moves through alonger distance
E. Theload distanceisgreater than effort distance.
18. A dam forgeneratingpower is constructed acrossa river. What typeofenergyis possessed bythewater behind thedam?
A. Kinetic energy
B. Potential energy
C. Electrical energy
D. Heat energy
E. Light energy
19. Which ofthe followingis a function ofproproots?They
A. Storestarch in theswollenbranch roots
B. Takein air for respiration
C. Hold the plant more firmlyin thesoil
D. Develop into storage roots
E. Develop into fibrous roots
20. Which ofthe followinglivingorganisms isnot areptile?
A. Lizard B. Tortoise C. Frog
21. The following aresteps involved in how nutrients in decayingorganicmatter finallyget to man.
I. Themineral in themgo into the soil
II. Mangoes to eat theplantfood
III. Theydissolve in soil water
IV. Theyareusedup byplants during photosynthesis
Which ofthe followingarrangements represents the correct order in whichthe processes occur? A. I,II,III andIV
B. I,III,IV andII C. IV,II,III andI D. II,III,IandIV E. III,IV,IandII
22. Which ofthe followingis the energypossessed byan object placed on atable?
A. Kinetic energy
B. Electrical energy C. Potential energy D. Sound energy
E. Heat energy
23. The changein theshapeofthe moon is causedbythe
A. clouds coveringthe moon surface
B. earth revolving aroundthe sun
C. moon revolvingaroundthe earth D. sun revolving aroundthemoon E. earth rotatingon its axis
24. Themostsensitive region of theeyeto light raysis the
A. retina B. pupil C. cornea D. iris
25. Digestion is aprocess bywhichfoodis
A. transported in soluble form within thebodyof animals
B. broken down into tinypieces in themouth
C. moved through thealimentarycanal
D. broken down to produceenergy, waterand carbondioxide
E. broken down into formswhich can be easilyabsorbed
26. Which ofthe following processes isnot aphysical change
27. Which ofthe followingis used to measurethe potential differenceacrossaresistor in an electrical circuit?
A. A galvanometer
B. A rheostat
C. A meterbridge
D. A voltmeter
E. An ammeter
28. There arethickforestsin someparts ofthe world because the climatethereis
A. Warm and dry B. Cool and dry C. Hot and dry
D. Cool and wet
E. Hot and wet
29. Which ofthe following practicesencourages soilerosion?
C. Contour ridging
D. Crop rotation
E. Ploughing alongtheslope
30. A car batteryproduces electrical energyfrom
A. Chemical energy
B. Sound energy C. Kinetic energy D. Heat energy
E. Potential energy
31. Which ofthe following substances isnot foundin the excretoryproductsofman?
A. Ammonium salt
B. Common salt
32. Which ofthe following processescan beused toobtain local gin from palm wine?
A. Evaporation B. Condensation C. Distillation
33. Thelinear sequenceof livingthingsfeeding and beingfed on is called
A. linear feeding
B. food chain
34. Which ofthe following organisms causes malaria?
35. Themale andfemalesexcells of aplant arerespectivelyin the
A. Sperm and egg
B. Pollen grain and ovary
C. Sperm and ovary D. Ovaryand ovule E. Embryoand seed
36. Which ofthe following preventivemeasures isnot usedin the control of tuberculosis?
A. Isolatingthe patient
B. Spittingcarelesslyin theenvironment
C. Keepingseparatecutlery,plates, cups forthe patient
D. Vaccinatingyoungbabies with BCG vaccine
E. Spittinginto a containerpartlyfilled with disinfectant
37. During an eclipse of thesun, the region that has total darkness is known as
38. Animals that live in grasslands include
A. lions and giraffes
B. monkeysand tigers
C. antelopes andhares
D. woodpeckers and baboons
E. elephants and leopards
39. Which ofthe following areproducts of respiration?
A. Glucose and oxygen
B. Waste food, energyand carbondioxide
C. Energy, carbon dioxide and water
D. Energy, oxygenand water
E. Carbondioxide and oxygen
40. Which ofthe followinglivingthings hideduringthesunnydays in order toconservewaterin its body?
CLICK TO VIEW ANSWERS TO OBJECTIVES
1. E. Water
is beyond thereach of thesun’s rays
a fertilized egg
Theload is between the effort and thepivot
is digested into simplesugar
Theload distanceisgreater than effort distance.
Hold the plant more firmlyin thesoil
20. C. Frog
moon revolvingaroundthe earth
broken down into formswhich can be easilyabsorbed
Hot and wet
Pollen grain and ovary
Energy, carbondioxide and water