21. The teacher advised Kofi not to beat about the bush. This means Kofi was asked to ………….
A. clear the bush
B. beat others in the bush C. go straight to the point D. waste no more time
E. stop clearing the bush
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence
22. He seldom comes here.
C. rarely D. nearly E. always
23. The police office was harsh on the criminal
A. soft to
B. lenient with
C. mild with
D. cruel to
24. Musa was arrested for printing counterfeit cedi notes
25. My father was a very stout man
B. short C. lean D. ill
26. I agreed to everything Lucy said.
A. mocked at
B. stood by
C. interfered with
D. took in
E. objected to
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
27. Help him to pay his fees, …………?
A. will you B. must you C. can‟t you D. won‟t you
28. Kwasi, you are coming to see me tomorrow, ………….?
A. isn‟t it
B. aren‟t you
C. won‟t you
D. don‟t you
29. If Mary had known she wouldn‟t have come, ……….?
A. wasn‟t it B. hadn‟t she C. did she
D. would she
30. She dances so beautifully, …………..?
A. not so
B. can‟t she
C. doesn‟t she
D. isn‟t it