11. According to the passage, which of the following is not true?
A. Locusts are delicious
B. Only the aged knew about the locusts
C. The locusts come only in the dry season
D. The locusts created a beautiful sight
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
12. The government has banned the use of hard drugs in the country.
13. Our Headmaster invited many prominent citizens to our speech day.
14. The dry season is imminent.
A. very close B. partly over C. severe
15. The meeting was postponed to another date.
A. cancelled B. removed C. called
16. The man was furious when his son failed the examination.
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered
A to D the one that best explains the underlined words
17. By the end of the lesson, we were completely at sea. This means that we were …………..
A. fast asleep
B. totally confused C. quite disturbed D. very inspired
18. She did her best to keep on the right side of her teacher. This means she did her best not to ………….her teacher.
19. You shouldn‟t have hit Kuuku so hard ; it was rather unkind of you. From this we know that Kuuku was
A. being naughty
B. hurt C. kind D. hit
20. If we h adn‟t gone to t he beach so e arl y, w e would have met our visi tor . This means that …………….
A. we went to the beach late B. we did not meet our visitor C. our visitor waited for us
D. we met our visitor at the beach