21. The victim could not identify the thief.
22. Armed robbery is a very risky undertaking.
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered
A to D the one that best explains the underlined group of words.
23. For all his brilliance, Kofi could not solve the problem. This means that Kofi failed to solve the problem
A. as he was clever enough
B. even though he was clever
C. as he was too clever
D. for he was still clever
24. The manager‟s decision on the matter is cut and dried. This means that the manager‟s decision is
25. Abla made an ass of herself at the party. This means that Abla behaved
26. In spite of his boasting, Mensah proved to a chicken-hearted fellow. This means that Mensah was
B. mean C. stupid D. weak
27. Efua can always talk her way out of trouble. This means that Efua
A. is troublesome
B. can defend herself
C. can avoid trouble
D. is talkative
From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence
28. My friends welcomed my suggestion.
A. changed B. discussed C. disliked D. rejected
29. Unlike his sister, Ackah is stingy.
A. friendly B. generous C. selfless
30. Serwa‟s dress was decent.