Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
11. Our dependable goalkeeper saved us from disgrace.
12. A neutral referee handled the final match.
13. The pupils were jubilating because they had passed their examinations.
B. shouting C. dancing D. rejoicing
14. Kuuki‟s dream is to become a celebrated musician.
15. Appiah is a talented football player.
A. strong B. gifted C. dull
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered
A to D the one that best explains the underlined words
16. Andy returned to school after playing truant for three days. This means that Andy was………
C. deliberately absent
D. very sick
17. Ama was the only one who was close-lipped about the theft. This means that Ama……….
A. did not cry B. was serious C. did not talk D. was relaxed
18. Issah was asked to toe the line or quit the team. This means that Issah was asked to………..
B. resign C. change D. obey
19. The students were advised to give up smoking. This means that the students were asked to ……..smoking
20. Mrs. Vesa has a heart of gold. This means that Mrs. Vesa is very ……….
A. bright B. clever C. kind D. smart