11. When the youth remain in the rural areas they can help produce ………
Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
12. James was so wicked that all his mates abhorred him.
13. The students listened to the headmaster with rapt attention.
14. Sam was appointed the office boy because of his faithfulness.
B. cleverness C. punctuality D. neatness
15. We were taught that banks give credit to needy businessmen.
16. Most men normally do not wear costly jewellery.
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered
A to D the one that best explains the underlined words.
17. The wall clock in the assembly hall is a white elephant. This means that the clock
A. does not work accurately
B. is very big
C. does not work any longer
D. is very strong
18. His clothes are always out of date. This means that his clothes are …………
B. too tight
19. When it comes to honesty, Kweku is the odd one out. This means that Kweku
A. is always absent
B. does not tell the truth
C. does not behave normally
D. is very tricky
20. I stopped going out with Joe because he is light-fingered. This means that Joe is a
A. lazy person
D. dishonest friend