From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word underlined in each sentence
21. The prefect was commended for his good work.
A. admired B. promoted C. rejected D. rebuked
22. The teacher‟s stern looks helped maintain discipline in the class.
23. Our Assemblyman has declined our invitation to talk to us.
B. denied C. rejected D. accepted
24. Though her friend asked for some water, Divine callously drank all of it.
25. Rain makes the soil moist for planting
A. fertile B. loose C. solid
From the alternatives lettered A to D, choose the one which most suitably completes each sentence.
26. The students can go home when they ……………..the work
A. had finished
D. will finish
27. Most people are not kind to animals, ……………?
A. weren‟t they
B. isn‟t it
C. wasn‟t it
D. are they
28. Afua ………….her clothes on the line to dry.
A. hung B. folded C. hang
29. Kwesi went to school after he …………his teeth.
A. had brushed B. has brushed C. brushing
30. Kate is the …………..pupil in her class.
B. more well-behaved C. very well-behaved D. most well-behaved