Choose from the alternatives lettered A to D the one which is nearest in meaning to the underlined word in
11. All the pupils are skilful at using the computer
12. The parent who donated the books to our school wants to remain anonymous
13. Kofi is the most popular man in the village.
14. The PTA meeting has been postponed.
A. delayed B. cancelled C. announced D. held
15. Issah is gentle but his sister is arrogant
B. proud C. clever D. tough
In each of the following sentences a group of words has been underlined. Choose from the alternatives lettered
A to D the one that best explains the underlined words.
16. Your father‟s car is expensive; my father bought his for a song.
This means my father‟s car was
A. a used car
D. a gift
17. Fatima warned her brother that his friend had a loose tongue
This means his friend
A. could not keep quiet
B. could not keep secrets
C. was a stammerer
D. was dishonest
18. Adzo‟s bad manners make her the black sheep of the family. This means Adzo is a
B. destroyer C. disgrace D. liar
19. When I went to Accra Mr Asah put me up for the night.
This means Mr Asah
A. received me
B. entertained me very well C. gave me a place to sleep D. was angry with me.
20. The Education Ministry takes the li on‟s share of the budget. This means that the Education Ministry
A. uses all the money
B. is given the largest amount of the money C. is given the smallest amount of the money D. borrows money